It is Easter time friends and we are feeling inspired. The drab of winter is starting to be washed away, Easter eggs are popping up on Pinterest, and our Service Manager brought home a brand new baby! So exciting! To share in that feeling of rejuvenation we have found some beautiful Easter-inspired DIY's to freshen and renew your home.
1. Natural Dyed Easter Eggs. If you're dying eggs this Easter why not avoid artificial dye and go with natural ingredients you've already got around the kitchen? Create an earthy pastel palette by using natural food dye.
2. Dip-dyed Pillows. Pastels have taken over Pantone's colors of the year for 2016! Go ahead and incorporate Rose Quartz and Serenity into your home decor this Easter and then keep them on display for the rest of the year!
3. Pastel Layer Cake. This easy baking DIY packs an impressive punch.
4. The Easiest DIY Painting Ever. Before you say, "I'm not artistic," just click the link for the tutorial and give it a shot. Easy peasy.
5. DIY Nutella Marshmallows. There always has to be one last snow storm in March and you will want some delicious marshmallows to go with your comforting cup of cocoa.
6. DIY Paper Flowers. Speaking of snow storms, you can easily create your own flowers too! If you find yourself snowed in for a day try this beautiful DIY.
7. Ombre Favor Bags. Treat bags are not just for kid's parties. We all love to give, so give your guests something beautiful they can take home with them this Easter by adding some treats to this lavender ombre favor bag.
For more Easter inspiration check out our Pinterest Board!
When winter has been as challenging as this one has, a little "retail therapy" is in order. The spring 2014 color forecast will refresh and rejuvenate you. This season will bring a contrast between soft pastels and vivid brights. Calm, tranquil blue, nostalgic purple and summer green are paired with bold hues like high pitch red, energetic orange and blazing yellow.
Here is a sneak peak at some new Palliser styles from the Runway Collection that will be featured in our showroom this spring.
Visit us for complimentary decorating advice, information, inspiration and support. We encourage you to bring along your photos, measurements, ideas and wish list. Our sales consultants can help you design a layout for any room in your house, helping you make colour choices and finding styles that fit your space perfectly. Our showroom at 2125 Faithfull Ave. has specially made large fabric and leather swatches to give you an idea of what cover would work best with your décor. Whether you are looking to furnish your entire new house, or perhaps you are looking to freshen up an existing space, we can help make your project a success!
The real estate landscape in Saskatoon has changed dramatically over the last few years with many more people choosing to purchase a condo or townhome. Whether you are a first time home buyer or have made a choice to downsize and reduce your square footage, the decorating challenge remains the same, functional, comfortable furniture pieces without having to sacrifice style.
The first and most important step before you venture out to shop is to arm yourself with every measurement you can think of. Measuring the floor space is crucial but be sure to include doorways, ceiling heights, hallways both inside your home and outside in the public areas of the building as well. Note any tight turns, staircases and even check the elevator as sometimes the ceiling height can pose a problem.
When selecting furniture, look for modular furniture pieces and items with built in storage. An emphasis on items with less bulk and clean lines will help to reduce visual overload. A carefully chosen color scheme that flows from one space to another expands the space. Visual interest is important even in the smallest of homes, particularly those lacking architectural details. The perfect accessory pieces will add character, but be sure to reduce clutter by displaying fewer items, choosing only those with more drama and high impact.
Spring/Summer 2011 Color Direction
Signs of spring are everywhere and as exciting as that is, we once again contemplate the inevitable spring cleanup, anticipating the moment when something will compel us to action.
The new colourful palette for spring and summer 2011 provides the perfect motivation for decorating enthusiasts to tackle winter dust bunnies and inject new life, fun and flavour into their home.
Color direction this spring is all about introducing bold new visuals; vibrant orange, blue, green, purple and pinks are popping up in everything from fashion to home decor. The question becomes, how do you decorate with such bold and brilliant color? The good news is this palette naturally lends itself to accessory items such as pillows, vases, area rugs and small accent chairs. Even the most colour wary can easily include small amounts of the current trend into their existing decor without straying too far from their own personal style. Pairing small, balanced amounts of bold color with neutrals like camels, taupe and warm grey provides a foolproof way to effortlessly infuse this season's hottest look into your existing space.